The 8th WordCamp Miami is happening February 19-21, 2016 at Florida International University. That means we are currently looking for speakers who want to get on stage and share their knowledge with over 750 attendees. Our deadline to submit proposals is Midnight EST on Monday November 21st, 2015. Apply at https://2016.miami.wordcamp.org/speaker-submissions/
Miami is also the home of BuddyCamp – we have recently announced BuddyCamp Miami 2016 and if you want to talk BuddyPress, bbPress, or social/mobile design… we welcome your applications as well.
Miami is known for it’s warm sunshine and beaches (especially in February!) but also for it’s diverse population… therefore we are looking for a great and diverse speaker submission pool to reflect our local community. Both new and experienced WordCamp speakers are welcome to apply. If you’d like to propose multiple topics, please submit the form multiple times, once for each topic.
Recent feedback and polls have allowed us to share some possible topics that might help you guide your consideration. Here are some suggestions for topics:
– Content Creation (Writing, Strategy)
– Journalism / Podcasting Topics
– Building Themes
– Freelancing / Business Topics (Dealing w/ Clients, Best Practices, Hiring Developers, etc.)
– Web Design / Theme Design / UI / UX
– Learning About PHP Not Directly Related To WordPress
– Advanced WordPress Development Topics (Coding Themes, Plugins)
– Case Studies (“What We Did Wrong”)
– E-Commerce Topics (Building E-Commerce w/ WordPress)
Can’t wait to show you everything that we are planning. Add WordCamp Miami to your calendar and we look forward to seeing you!