In the summer of 1967, more than 100,000 people converged in San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury neighborhood, and many other groups gathered across the United States, in Canada, and in Europe, all to create social change and embrace equality.
This social and cultural phenomenon led from Northern California was called The Summer of Love. During this transformative time, creativity flourished, there was an emphasis on sharing and community, and there was a feeling that anything was possible. The message sent to the world was one of love, peace, understanding, freedom, compassion, and respect.
2017 marks the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love.
WordCamp Sacramento 2017
Just as the Summer of Love was a gathering of people from all walks of life working together and sharing a sense of community to create something wonderful for the world, WordCamp Sacramento is a gathering of WordPressers of all skill levels and walks of life working together and sharing to create something wonderful for the WordPress community.
We’re embracing peace, love, and WordPress to create a fun and inclusive event, and we want you to be a part of it.
Pulling from its thriving meetup community, WordCamp Sacramento is in its third year and is continuing to grow and flourish. In 2015, our inaugural event sold out all 150 tickets in only two hours. In 2016, we released 300 tickets in three batches, with each batch of tickets selling out in 24 hours or less. For 2017, our venue can accommodate more than 500 attendees.
WordCamp Sacramento 2017 will be held September 16-17, 2017 at the Sacramento Convention Center, just steps from the California State Capital, historic attractions, and amazing restaurants, as well as mere blocks from the brand new Golden 1 Center.
We are thrilled to expand the 2017 event to include:
- A BRAND NEW, full day Beginner Track on Saturday, walking new users through using WordPress, step-by-step.
- Sacramento’s first WordPress Contributor Day on Sunday, encouraging and supporting community members who want to give back to the project and explore new ways to get involved.
- Two mixed tracks of sessions running throughout Saturday and Sunday, featuring speakers from both our local community and the greater WordPress community sharing their expertise.
- A Happiness Bar — our version of a help desk, open throughout the event so you can get help with your site and get your questions answered.
- Lots of networking time to get to know other WordPressers and meet new people.
- A party to relax, unwind, celebrate WordPress, and continue conversations from the day.
How You Can Get Involved
Sponsor WordCamp Sacramento: Along with a larger event and larger venue, we have a much larger cost. WordCamp Sacramento would not be possible without support from sponsors. We’ve created sponsorship levels to fit every budget, so no matter what size budget you have, you can join in and show your support for WordCamp and our local Sacramento WordPress community.
Volunteer at WordCamp Sacramento: Like all WordCamps, WordCamp Sacramento is planned, organized, and run by volunteers — and a critical part of making WordCamp Sacramento a success is our day-of-event volunteers.
Speak at WordCamp Sacramento: It’s our mission to have WordCamp Sacramento represent the passion, talent, and diversity of our community, and we want you to be a part of it! The call for speakers will open soon, so be sure to subscribe to our mailing list for notifications and event updates.