WordCamp RI is putting out the call for speakers for our WordCamp to be held September 25 and 26, 2015 at the New England Institute of Technology in East Greenwich, RI.
The deadline for submitting your speaker application is August 31, 2015. Apply at https://2015.rhodeisland.wordcamp.org/call-for-speakers/
If you’d like to propose multiple topics, please submit the form multiple times, once for each topic.
Besides being at an awesome WordCamp, why come to Rhode Island? Because we have beautiful beaches, fantastic restaurants, the Newport mansions, home of the Big Blue Bug as seen in the Farrelly brothers’ movie “Dumb and Dumber,” film location of “The Great Gatsby,” “There’s Something about Mary,” “Me, Myself, and Irene,” “27 Dresses,” and of course “The Family Guy” is set in Rhode Island. With all that beauty, culture and good food how can you stay away?
We encourage you to submit talks that we haven’t even thought of!
With that in mind, it might still be helpful for you to know what attendees have told us they would like to have as some of the session topics:
- Theme development
- Custom themes
- Commercial themes
- Child themes
- Plugin development
- Getting the most out of Yoast SEO Plug-In
- WordPress SEO
- Mobile delivery
- Working locally
- Installing and managing multisites
- WP Automatic Upgrades
- Via wp-config file or filters? Does that change depending on the client?
- Which combination works best? Core only? Core + plugins? Core + plugins + themes? Core + plugins + themes + translation files?
- Which type is best? Minor only? Minor + development? Minor + development + Major?
See you at WordCamp RI!